Human Rights Commission
- 7 pm
- 4th Monday of every month
- City Hall
33 Delaware Street
Woodbury, NJ 08096
The Woodbury City Human Rights Commission is made up of the following members and a secretary.
- Joseph Coldren, Chair
- Anthony McCurdy, Temporary Secretary
- Karlene O’Connor, City Council Liaison and Councilwoman
- Bianca Polanco, Student Representative, 21st Century Club
- Peg Sickel, Mayor
- Danielle Duverney
- Crystal Moore
- Nicole Nocito
- Jacqueline Robinson
- Angela Rogers
The City of Woodbury is proud of its diversity. We strive to provide equal opportunity and affirmative action to its diverse residents, employees, and businesses.
To further the goals of the elimination of discrimination on the basis of sex, gender identity or expression, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital or political status, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, atypical heredity, cellular or blood trait, genetic information, disability (including AIDS or HIV infection), liability for service in the United States armed forces, and/or any other characteristic protected by law and further the education of the public on issues of diversity and inclusion.
The Mayor and Council of the City of Woodbury believe the establishment of this commission will further the health, safety, and welfare of the residents in the City of Woodbury.
- Develop public education programs
- Provide training for Commission members and the public and/or City business
- Hold community discussions
- Present panels
- Advise City leaders and develop policies and strategies
- Collect and analyze data to be shared with the Mayor, Council, and the public
- Initiate public relations campaigns
- Review City ordinances, policies, and procedures and make recommendations
- Act as an oversight entity for the interdepartmental collaboration on issues impacting diversity and non-discrimination
Other Available Municipal Resources
- Woodbury Police LGBTQ Liaison.
- Woodbury Community Pride
- Woodbury Public Library
- Kaleidoscope at Tiki-Tiki
- Hispanic Family Resource Center of Southern NJ
Other County & State Resources
- New Jersey Department of Children and Families - LGBTQI resources
- Human Rights Commission
- New Jersey Division of Disability Services - 2016 Resources Booklet
- New Jersey Helps - Food, cash and Health insurance assistance
- New Jersey Mental Health
- Gloucester County Disability Resource Coordinator
- Gloucester County addiction services
- Gloucester County Health and Human Services
To contact Cassidy Swanson Municipal LGBTQ Liaison, dial 856-845-1300, ext. 146.