- Boards & Committees
- Historic Preservation Commission
Historic Preservation Commission
The City of Woodbury established this historic district in 1977 to better preserve the unique character of our community. In addition to preserving our rich cultural and architectural heritage for future generations, the maintenance and rehabilitation of buildings in historic districts have positive effects on the community including the stabilization of neighborhoods, retention of or increased property values, and the creation of civic pride.
In order to attain these goals and preserve the historic character of Woodbury, all proposed exterior changes and alterations to a property located within the historic district must first be reviewed by the City’s Historic Preservation Commission and approved by the City Planning Board. This includes all alterations visible from a public street, sidewalk, or alley.
- Meeting Dates: 3rd Wednesday of every month (unless otherwise indicated)
- Time: 6:00 PM
- Location: City Hall, 33 Delaware Street, Woodbury, NJ 08096 - 2nd Floor, Council Chambers
Wed Jun. 21
Wed Jul. 19
Wed Aug. 16
Wed Sep. 20
Wed Oct. 18
Wed Nov. 15
Wed Dec. 20
|Brad Pennypacker||Chair||B||December 31, 2026|
|Rebecca Baum||Vice Chair||C||December 31, 2025|
|Kristen Poole||Member||A||Architect||December 31, 2026|
|Anthony Alveario||Member||A||Engineer||December 31, 2026|
|Renee Giustino||Member||A||Historical Architect||January 27, 2027|
|Lynn Dennen||Member||C||December 31, 2025|
|Bonnie Dann||Member||C||December 31, 2025|
|Mayor Miller||Liaison to Planning & Zoning Board||B||December 31, 2024|
|Loren Dann||Alternate 1||C||Mural Arts||December 31, 2024|
|Charles Hughes||Alternate 2||A||December 31, 2022|
Definition of Classes
- Class A - Person who is knowledgeable in building and design and construction or architectural history is assigned a four-year term.
- Class B - Person who is knowledgeable in or with a demonstrated interest in local history is assigned a four-year term.
- Class C - Person who is a citizen of Woodbury is assigned a two-year term.
This page provides detail on the steps a historic homeowner needs to go through in order to complete work on the exterior of their home.
Map of the Historic District
View a Map of the Historic District.