Woodbury's Economic Development
The City of Woodbury is committed to the process of Economic Development. Whether you are starting a new business venture, or expanding an existing one, Woodbury is the place to be! Our City employees and Professionals are here to assist in navigating the process and provide guidance to individuals and companies looking to establish, relocate, or expand a business within Woodbury.
Triad Associates is a multi-disciplined team of professionals, representing public, private, and nonprofit clients in securing federal, state, and regional resources for a wide range of community and economic development projects. We utilize our expertise in analyzing economic and community needs, our in-depth knowledge of available funding resources, and our resourcefulness in fostering public/private partnerships to formulate innovative, workable strategies to meet our client's objectives. Founded in 1978, Triad is headquartered in Vineland, New Jersey, with a regional office in Glenside, Pennsylvania.
Since 1978, Triad Associates has represented over 120 public, private, and nonprofit development clients throughout the Northeast, including Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia, as well as in the U.S. Virgin Islands.
The goal of the South Woodbury Neighborhood Preservation Program plan is to revitalize this area into a thriving neighborhood primarily by aggressive code enforcement targeted at vacant and abandoned properties, and the rehabilitation of single-family and mixed-use buildings. With this, the City will be able to arrest the decline, protect the neighborhood’s unique character as a desirable place to live and shop, and leverage existing assets and partnerships to catalyze community and economic development. Additional information on the South Woodbury NPP Plan will be available after the survey data is collected.
The New Jersey Department of Community Affairs’ neighborhood-based programs are designed to play a key role in implementing New Jersey’s neighborhood revitalization efforts by strengthening the ability of municipalities to plan and implement strategies to help declining neighborhoods become thriving neighborhoods; building partnerships between state and local governments, private businesses, and residents; and encouraging private investment to drive increased economic opportunities and quality of life in the state’s vulnerable communities.
- 668-678 North Broad Street (PDF)
- Request for Qualifications (RFQ) from Qualified Redevelopers for the 100 Block South Broad Redevelopment Project Pursuant to Downtown Business District Redevelopment Plan (PDF).
- Request for Proposals (RFP) from Qualified Restaurateurs, Lessees, and Redevelopers for the 200 North Broad Street Redevelopment Project Pursuant to Downtown Business District Redevelopment Plan (PDF).
Procurement - Bids, RFPs, Quotes
Other Economic Outlets in and out of Woodbury.
- The City works closely with Main Street Woodbury Inc., the Woodbury Merchant and Professional Association, the Greater Woodbury Chamber of Commerce, and the Gloucester County Chamber of Commerce to support and enhance our business community.
- Women's Business Development Center - A non-profit organization that provides a variety of workshops to help women start and retain a business
- Rowan College at Gloucester County - This is Gloucester County College's site for Continuing Education classes. There are many business classes both on campus and online to help anyone starting or established in business.
Cannabis Ad Hoc Committee
The City of Woodbury's Cannabis Ad Hoc Committee is in the process of creating the cannabis operational and licensing policies within the City of Woodbury. Please check our website and City Council Meetings for updates.
Please email Cannabis Ad Hoc Committee with any questions, comments, or concerns in regard to cannabis within the City of Woodbury.
- Ordinance 2354-22 (PDF) - An Ordinance of the City of Woodbury establishing a New Chapter for the Licensing, Registration, and Regulation of Cannabis Establishments.
- Ordinance 2342-21 (PDF) - Amending Chapter 202, Zoning, of the City Code to Permit the Operation of Certain Classes of Legal Cannabis Businesses Within Certain Zoning Districts of the City of Woodbury
- Cannabis Zoning Map (PDF)
- Summary of the Cannabis Public Discussions (PDF) - May 12, May 26, and June 9, 2021