- City Departments
- Emergency Management
Our mission is to provide a comprehensive and integrated emergency management system that coordinates community resources to protect lives, property, and the environment through mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery from all natural and man-made hazards that may impact our city.
What we do for you and Woodbury:
- Coordinate Emergency Management activities for the City of Woodbury.
- Maintain and update the city's Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan, Hazards Vulnerability Analysis, and Hazard Mitigation Plan.
- Activate and staff the city Emergency Operations Center.
- Work with other counties, cities, towns, departments, agencies, and task force elements to develop a variety of related emergency plans, procedures, and guidelines.
- Coordinate for local, state, and federal government response and recovery operations during a major emergency or disaster.
- Maintain and operate the city fixed-site and mobile Emergency Operations Center.
- Monitor severe weather watches, warnings, and special statements issued by the National Weather Service and provide this information to other local government departments including public safety and public works agencies.
- Serve as staff support for the City of Woodbury Local Emergency Planning Committee for Hazardous Materials.
- Provide assistance and support to all public safety agencies, government entities, and private sector partners through planning, training, and exercising.
- Coordinate resource support to tactical response units and on-scene Incident Commanders.
- Provide continuity of Operations Planning information and guidance.
Woodbury Emergency Broadcast
The City of Woodbury as well as all municipalities in Gloucester County participates in NAWAS (North American Warning and Alert System). In the event of any type of emergency situation, Gloucester County Communications will notify each municipality of the specific emergency. Once an emergency notification is received the Woodbury Emergency Officials will determine the need to alert the public as to what actions the public needs to take. Woodbury does not have an emergency warning siren system in place. POLICE, FIRE, EMS, and whatever city vehicles equipped with public address systems will be utilized to make notifications to residents should the need arise.
Woodbury also can utilize the following media outlets to broadcast emergency warnings:
- Comcast Cable: 856-853-7474
- Channel 3: 215-238-4700
- Channel 6: 215-878-9700
- Channel 10: 610-668-5510
- KYW News Radio 1060: 215-238-4991
Public Evacuation Plan
The following are the emergency evacuation shelters for the City of Woodbury: Please do not go to any emergency evacuation shelters unless instructed to do so by proper authorities.
- Evergreen Avenue School All Purpose Room
- Walnut Street School All Purpose Room
- West End School All Purpose Room
- Woodbury High School
Main Gym Floor
In the event that the City needs to be evacuated the following routes will be utilized for mass evacuations:
- State Highway 45
- Cooper Street
- Delaware Street
- Red Bank Avenue
- Salem Avenue
Individuals With Special Needs
The City of Woodbury Office of Emergency Management is in the process of compiling a list of residents with special needs or disabilities. The list would allow emergency services personnel to better respond to your needs in the event of an emergency.
Any City resident that is dependent upon electricity or that is handicapped and would like to be added to the special needs list is asked to call the Woodbury Emergency Management Office at 856-845-1300, ext. 118.
Woodbury’s OEM Plan Approved by the State
View the 2017 Woodbury City EOP Approval Letter x State OEM- to 30 April - 2021 (PDF).