With the COVID-19 crisis upon us, we wanted to assure you that the health, safety and well-being of our residents and employees are our top priorities. Like all of you, we are watching and listening to the recommendations and guidelines set forth by our government health agencies as well as our local officials and Office of the Emergency Management. We understand that we are all in this together and that changes are occurring on a daily and even hourly basis and we will do our best to keep you informed and up-to-date.
Presently the Public Works Department remains open and operational Monday thru Friday for essential daily services and emergent after hour services available by contacting County Dispatch at 911.
Trash, recycling and yard debris will continue as normally scheduled Monday thru Friday 7:00 am till completion.
Our crews will be evenly divided and rotating shifts daily to continue essential services and emergencies only, until further notice. This will effectively limit exposure among employees and residents as much as possible and provide for back up measures in the case of an exposure event.
We are requesting the cooperation of all residents in implementing the following precautionary measures:
• Although we remain open we are asking residents to refrain from coming to the public works facility until further notice. We can be reached by calling 856.853.0892 or via our website woodbury.nj.us; and the “report a concern portal”;
• Our employees have been instructed to have no contact at this time with residents while performing their duties. If contact is absolutely necessary, a minimum of 8 feet must be maintained between parties;
• Have all trash, recycling, metal and electronics out by 7:00 am on your regularly scheduled trash collection day, late pick-ups will not be available during this time;
• Mattresses and box springs MUST BE COVERED in plastic, which is available
by calling 856.853.0892 and we will delivery plastic directly to your location;
• All Emergency tree, road and water issues will be performed on a priority basis until further notice;
• All in – home meter inspections and replacements will be postponed until further notice;
• All Woodbury parks will be CLOSED to the public until further notice.
• The Shred Event scheduled for April 18th HAS BEEN CANCELLED
• The City bus will be running on the following schedule until further notice:
Monday 2 trips to Shoprite, Weds. 2 trips to Target, Fri. 2 trips to Walmart.
Please continue to check the website for updated information
In the days ahead as we all learn to operate with limited contact as recommended by the CDC (Center for Disease Control), we will adopt and make the transition as smooth as possible. We will do our best to deliver outstanding service to all our residents. We look forward to your anticipated cooperation. We extend our wishes to you and your families for good health, safety and well-being.
WOODBURY’S REVISED SHUTTLE BUS SCHEDULE
(Due to the 10 person limitation)
Monday Location Arrive Depart
9:00 am Colonial Park Shop-Rite 9:15 am 10:15 am
10:30 am Other City Stops Shop-Rite 11:00 am 12:00 pm
9:00 am Colonial Park Target-Mantua 9:15 am 10:15 am
10:30 am Other City Stops Target-Mantua 11:00 am 12:00 pm
9:00 am Colonial Park Walmart 9:15 am 10:15 am
10:30 am Other City Stops Walmart 11:00 am 12:00 pm
This schedule is subject to change – if necessary call 856.853.0892 to confirm route times.