Woodbury Public Library
JOB TITLE: Library Director
Woodbury Public Library is seeking a dynamic, community-minded Library Director to lead this municipal library serving the diverse community of Woodbury, NJ. The Library Director, working closely with the Board of Trustees, must be comfortable wearing many hats, from community leader to grant writer to administrator. The mission of the WPL is to provide an environment where lifelong habits of learning, self-improvement and self-expression are encouraged and where patrons can meet their educational, informational, and recreational needs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following is a partial list of duties required of the Director. The list is not intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed.
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the Library:
- lead, develop, administer, assess, and coordinate the work of the Library staff
- perform managerial duties related to personnel, budget, payroll and benefits, collection development, technology, and building maintenance
- ensure the delivery of high-quality library programs and services to the community
- prepare all required City and State reports
- Pursue financial support on local, state, and national levels:
- actively seek grants and partnerships to enhance library programming and services
- advise and support the Friends of the Library
- Collaborate with the Board of Trustees:
- evaluate Library performance and effectiveness o develop and implement policies and procedures o review and revise strategic plan as needed
- identify and address relevant financial, operational, staffing and facility matters
- oversee preparation of monthly financial reports and annual Library operating budget, including revenue/expenditure history, analysis and future projections
- Develop and maintain relationships with the community, including local governments, businesses, schools, community service organizations and the LOGIN Consortium:
- responsible for creating an environment that welcomes all users and staff
- represent the Library at meetings and workshops
- attend community events
QUALIFICATIONS: A Master’s degree (preferred) in Library or Information Sciences in a library program accredited by the American Library Association or from a New Jersey College Master’s program in Library Science that has been deemed acceptable by Thomas Edison State College. 3-5 years administrative/managerial experience, preferably in a municipal library. The successful candidate will be required to pass a criminal background check. Residence in New Jersey is required by the “New Jersey First Act” (R.S.52:14-7).
FILING DEADLINE: position open until filled
SALARY RANGE: $58,000 – $68,000
TO APPLY: send cover letter, resume, and 3 references to [email protected] or mail to Woodbury Public Library, 33 Delaware Street, Woodbury, NJ 08096 Attn: Board of Trustees.