The City of Woodbury is proud of it’s diversity. We strive to provide equal opportunity and affirmative action to its diverse residents, employees, and businesses.
Our Purpose: To further the goals of the elimination of discrimination on the basis of sex, gender identity or expression, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital or political status, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, atypical heredity, cellular or blood trait, genetic information, disability (including AIDS or HIV infection), liability for service in the United States armed forces, and/or any other characteristic protected by law and further the education of the public on issues of diversity and inclusion.
The Mayor and Council of the City of Woodbury believe the establishment of this commission will further the health, safety and welfare of the residents in the City of Woodbury.
The Woodbury City Human Rights Commission is made up of the following 7 members and a secretary. Meetings are open to the public and held on the third Monday of each month, in council chambers at 33 Delaware Street, Woodbury, NJ 08096, at 6:30 pm.
12/31/2020 – President: Anthony Doran
12/31/2021 – Member: Donna Miller
12/31/2019 – Member: Scott Merkle
12/31/2019 – Member:Joseph Coldren
12/31/2021 – Member: Crystal Moore
12/31/2020 – Member: Jamilah Damiani
Mayor: Jessica Floyd
- Develop public education programs
- Provide training for Commission members and the public and/or City business
- Hold community discussions
- Present panels
- Advise City leaders and develop policies and strategies
- Collect and analyze data to be shared with the Mayor and Council and the public
- Initiate public relation campaigns
- Review City ordinances, policies and procedures and make recommendations
- Act as an oversight entity for the interdepartmental collaboration on issues impacting diversity and non-discrimination
Other Available Municipal Resources:
To contact the Municipal LGBTQ Liaison dial 856-845-1300 x 125
Other County and State Resources:
NJ Division of Disability Services – 2016 Resources Booklet
NJ Helps – Food, cash and Health insurance assistance