Anyone desiring to use a city park for an event (athletics, wedding, meeting, etc.) must first obtain a Special Event Permit. Permits are available on a first come first serve basis.

Download the GATHER Special Event Permit Application and Instructions.

For more information on GATHER.

Download the Special Event Permit Application and Instructions. 

Special Events Requiring a Permit

The following list of special events that require a Special Events permit include, but are not limited to:

  • Outdoor concerts, dances, sporting events, craft shows, street fairs
  • Circuses, carnivals, fairs, and festivals
  • Farmer markets
  • Car/Boat shows
  • Walks/runs/athletic/bicycle/vehicle races and/or rides
  • Sidewalk/parking lot sales
  • Auto-dealer sales that include barbecues, tents, canopies, and/or special signage
  • Firework displays
  • Car washes, whereby the public is encouraged to attend
  • Outdoor amplified sound
  • Any event taking place on the surrounding waterways
  • Any event that obstructs, delays, and/or interferes with the normal flow of pedestrian and/or vehicular traffic

Additional Permits/Approvals Required

Food: Preparation, sales, and/or distribution. Contact the Fire Marshall regarding food preparation that requires an open flame.

Alcohol – Consumption, sales, and/or distribution

Gambling – Casino games, raffles, and/or 50/50

Street Closures

If you require street closings or will be obstructing, delaying, and/or interfering with the normal flow of pedestrian and/or vehicular traffic, you are required to make proper notice to all business and homeowners that will be affected by your event.

Site Plans  & Route Maps

  • A site plan or route map must be provided for each special permit application, and should include the following:
  • An outline of the entire event venue, including all street names and/or areas that are part of the venue, including the direction of travel if it is a moving event.
  • Location of fencing, barriers, and/or barricades. Indicate any removable fending for emergency access.
  • The provision for a minimum of 20-foot emergency access lanes through the event venue.
  • Location of first aid facilities/ambulances.
  • Location of all stages, platforms, scaffolding, bleachers, grandstands, canopies, tents, portable toilets, booths, beer gardens, cooking arenas, trash containers, dumpsters, and/or any other temporary structures.
  • Detail of food booths and cooking area configurations.
  • Placement of vehicles and/or trailers.
  • Exit location for outdoor events that are fenced or withing tent or tent structures.
  • Identification of all event components that meet accessibility standards.
  • Parking and/or shuttle plan.
  • Other related components not listed above.

Insurance Requirements

Before the final permit can be approved, all the proper insurance documents must be received and approved by the City’s solicitor and Emergency Management Team.

Insurance Requirements: Additional Insured on Insurance Certification must name the following “City of Woodbury, including all elected and appointed officials, all employees and volunteers, all boards, commissions and/or authorities and their board members, employees and volunteers.”

Insurance Cancellation Notice must read as follows: “It is understood and agreed that sixty (60) days advance written Notice of Cancellation, Non-Renewal, Reduction and/or Material Change in Coverage will be mailed to: City of Woodbury Park Permits, PO Box 180, Woodbury, NJ 08096.

The Facility User shall not be allowed access to the facility until it has obtained the insurance required under this contract. All coverage shall be with insurance carriers licensed and admitted to do business in the State of New Jersey and acceptable to the municipality.


Read Ordinance 2211-14 regarding Special Event fees.

There is no fee to reserve a park space.

Food Vendors

Food preparation and sold at the event: Each food vendor must register with the City of Woodbury and pay a $25 fee  (Sect. 217-1 of Code of the City of Woodbury). If the vendor is a business located in the City of Woodbury and has already paid its annual vendor fee, then it is exempt from this fee.

For each food vendor using propane or other fuel for cooking, a Type IV Fire Safety Permit, pursuant to NJAC 5:70-2.7(a) must be obtained and the prescribed fee. In 2016, this fee is $42 per vendor permit.

Merchandise Vendors

In lieu of each vendor paying a Merchandise Fee (see Section 141-12 of the Code of the City of Woodbury), the sponsoring organization may agree to pay the Special Event Merchandise Fee. Special Event Merchandise Fee is as follows:

  • $100.00 for 0-5 participating vendors
  • $200.00 for 6-10 participating vendors
  • $300.00 for 11-15 participating vendors
  • $400.00 for 16-20 participating vendors
  • $500.00 for 20+ participating vendors

Participating vendors are those business and/or non-profit entities located outside the City of Woodbury. Business and/or non-profit entities located in the City of Woodbury are excluded from this fee.


Translate »